I know for many of you the slutty brownie is old news — the insane concoction of Oreo cookies sandwiched between layers of chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie, and then baked into a thick and rich bar. I was a little skeptical too at first — with a purest mindset — thinking it was too much to mix three items that are perfectly delightful on their own. But trust me when I tell you that it’s so worth the hype. And then some.
I snatched the recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking and the rest is history. It will seriously rock your world.
Recipe from: What’s Gaby Cooking
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- One package of Oreos
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Brownie layer:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. When butter is melted add the sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine and then remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
For the Cookie Dough layer:
3. Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
4.Line the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan with foil and then spray foil with thin coat of baking spray.
5. Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the brownie.
6. Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough in a single layer.
7. Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer evenly.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test brownies with a knife until it comes out clean, and brownies are just barely set. Remove from oven and allow to rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.