We’re gearing up for warm weather over in these parts and I’ve got a lot of vibrant salad recipes hanging out in my kitchen. Big, bold flavors and waiting to be had. Simple salads waiting to be enjoyed. And healthy, nutty grains waiting to be made. Which is pretty much everything that makes up this little beauty. Flavorful, simple and healthy. What more does a girl need?
Greek Farro Salad with Avocado and Lemon-Dill Dressing
(serves 2-4; 2 entrée portions and 4 side portions)
- 2 cups Farro (cooked)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12-14 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup freshly chopped Dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper
Cook farro according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly and then add all ingredients, toss well to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl add all of the dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Season well with salt and pepper and add to the farro salad. Adjust any ingredients if desired. Serve cold or room temp.